Lemon lavender chicken thighs. Cut lemon and squeeze juice on underside of thigh. Salt chicken as desired Rub lavender on both sides of chicken while cast iron skillet heats up. In a large bowl, combined the crushed lavender with the oil, honey, thyme, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
In a small bowl or mortar and pestle coarsely crush lavender and thyme. Then stir together with butter, zest, salt and pepper until well combined. In a bowl or a Ziplock bag combine the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, lavender, and dijon mustard Completely submerge the chicken pieces and seal the container. You can cook Lemon lavender chicken thighs using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lemon lavender chicken thighs
- You need 1/2 small of Lemon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Culinary grade lavender.
- It’s of Himalayan pink salt.
- You need 1 of Skin on, bone in chicken thigh.
This succulent roast chicken is light and bright with the addition of lemon and lavender. A layer of goat cheese with herbs is spread under the skin before baking which helps keep the meat tender and flavorful. Lemon lavender chicken thighs Breeeee Tacoma, Washington. This is a great flavor combination.
Lemon lavender chicken thighs step by step
- If you want, debone chicken thigh before you start and save bone for broth later..
- Cut lemon and squeeze juice on underside of thigh. Let sit for a while..
- Salt chicken as desired.
- Rub lavender on both sides of chicken while cast iron skillet heats up..
- Cook chicken thigh in skillet until skin is crispy and inside is 165°F on your meat thermometer..
Great if you just want something new or summery. Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and place into a zip top bag with the chicken. Lemon and Lavender Chicken A sweet and savory marinade of lavender, honey, lemon and thyme turns chicken pieces into gorgeous, sticky, caramelized roasted goodness. Great at any time of the year but especially good when you need a reminder that spring is on its' way. Slide hand under skin of chicken breast to loosen skin from meat and place in slices of the herb butter.